Well my day today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aussiemick

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
Oklahoma
Today my day consists of smoking 2 whole chickens beer can style and my first attempt at abt's and have some wings to do also.. I plan to do the wings and abt's on the grill.Since this is my first attempt at them is that passable?

Mick

it is possibble, use indirect heat and put alum drip pan to catch drippings. have had good sucess like this with beer can can chicken,ribs, etc. before i converted. lol

thanks for the pointers. The whole chickens are about to go in but i have to put wings on the grill as my upper shelf isnt high enough to allow the chicks room

As of right now I have the abt's on indirect heat and they are coming along well. Also the full birds are at internal of 137 and been on for about 2 hours

Mick - sounds like a nice meal you're fixin'. I'll be by your place around ....
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

ANother shot of wings and ABT's

Yeh I like my wings blackish :)

Here are the 2 birds. The one on right i covered in honey mustard to see how it goes. One on left was Already seasoned

Well i just had one of the wings and man the are good. I covered them in a BBQ sauce then wehn cooking i sprinkled them with the dry rub i used onthe butts.Mmmmmm

Everything looks real tastey Mick-how did u like the ABT'S?man i love them things & the wings look good also-great job-points to u.

I am loving the ABT's. The kid loves the wings and I am getting ready to pulling the birds fromt he smoker now. I am so stuffed from eating wings and abt's dunno if i can eat any of the chicken

Mick, Thats great. It all looks inviting. If you didn't live so far away I'ld be over for dinner.
WTG.
Andy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky