Welcome Our New SMF Contest Coordinator

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by tulsajeff, May 28, 2010.

1. tulsajeff

tulsajeff Master of the Pit Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

As many of you may have heard, Fired Up has decided to bow out of the role that he has played in managing our monthly throwdown contest.

As a result of this we have had to quickly put our heads together and decide who would make a good replacement and get them on board.

We have also decided to expand this role to "SMF Contest Coordinator", a much broader role as we plan to do much more than just throwdowns in the near future.

Having said all of this, I am completely stoked to be able to announce that we have asked Sumosmoke (Laurel) to step into this role and much to our great fortune, she has agreed to do that.

Please make her feel welcome!!.

meateater likes this.
  2. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Thank you Sumosmoke!!!  What did Jeff talk you into! Just kidding. I'm sure you will do a great job. [​IMG]  Be on the lookout for my May submission.

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Congrats and thanks Laurel

4. caveman

caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Wow.  A new coordinator I have to bribe?  Jeez.  Okay Laurel.  The Baby Backs are in the mail & the Fattie.........

naw....just kidding.  Congrat's on the promotion.  Enjoy. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  5. 5lakes

5lakes Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Congratulations, Laurel! I won't be getting into the throwdowns this month, but plan to in the future. I sure hope Jeff gives ya a raise, maybe even doubling your salary![​IMG]

6. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Congratulation Laurel [​IMG]  and I know you will do a great Job. I will also afford my help if you need help with anything.

7. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Congrats and THANK YOU Laurel for taking on this task. We all know you will be awesome

at this task

8. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congratualtioms laurel, I think that you'll do a great job. We welcome you with open arms. 

9. treegje

treegje Master of the Pit

Congratulation Laurel,thanks for taking that job [​IMG]

10. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    ya beat me to it!

congrats!!!!!!!!!

11. rio_grande

rio_grande Smoking Fanatic

Great choice in my opinion.

Congrats Laurel.

12. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

congrats on the promotion

13. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thank you everyone, for the kind words of encouragement!  I'm always open to feedback and welcome anything that will make this site fun and enjoyable for all.

As we get going, I may throw some polls out there to get a consensus of what ya'll would like to Throwdown. I have a couple ideas swirling around in my head that I'll bring to the committee, so keep an eye out for upcoming events! [​IMG]

As always, I'm humbled to be supported by a great group of Mods and Admins.

[​IMG]

14. morkdach

morkdach Master of the Pit OTBS Member

looking foward to the next one & thanks for takind this task on!!

15. Congratulation Laurel, Jeff couldn't have picked a better Lady for the job!!

16. que-ball

que-ball Smoking Fanatic

Thank you, sumosmoke, for taking this on. 

17. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    Couldn't have picked a better person.

Ron

18. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

ditto!!! actually laurel was part of the first TD smf ever had that i know of... was a brisky throwdown between her and desertlites!!! how fitting!!!

19. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Congrats Sumo !![​IMG]

Bearcarver

20. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You folks are making me blush with all the kind comments. Thank you very much for the confidence and support! [​IMG]