Welcome new menmbers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome All!

It sure is getting hard to keep up with all the new posters so if by chance I missed giving you a personal welcome I appologize and rest assured it wasn't deliberate!

I totally agree. We could spend a considerate amount of time giving "Personal Welcomes". So to all new members ...

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Welcome to the SMF
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Evening chaps and chapesses,
Thanks for the welcome.
Live in Glenisla, Scotland. Stopped eating supermarket meat 5 years ago, eat what I shoot, scrounge, blag, pick as road kill. Eat chicken rarely as it's slow to rear here, venison is the main constituent of our diet and I'm looking for info on how to cold smoke and cure venison haunches to something like a Parma ham.
I'm a reasonable cook, well nobody died from it, yet! and I've got some good recipes. The best one if for a for end of a lean rib of beef (going to try this with a haunch of venison next weekend).
Get a nice lean two rib joint, leave the bone in. Get a blow torch, season the meat and give it a good blast with the torch browning it all over. This is important to kill any bacteria on the surface of the joint and to help with the flavour. Chuck it in an oven at 50C (not this is centigrade not Fahrenheit) for 24 hours. when you take it out slice into 4 steaks give a quick brown each side, and serve. The meat will be the most beautiful even pink colour, with no juices leaking (everything being absorbed by the meat) and the most yummy tender steak you've ever scoffed.
Warning, don't try this with rolled joints and cleanliness is absolute or you will die from the most appalling food poisoning going, eye's of needles and very loose bowels at 100 yards spring to mind.
Warm regards
Cliff

People forget that life has and is risk. Without risk it becomes a tad dull. The important thing is you control the risk, and not let A N Other, Wallmart, Tesco etc control the risk, because those creatures hide the true risk of cheap food. Thats why we have BSE, salmonella and all the other food scares going.
Sorry about the soap box, but here in the UK we're seeing the immediate effect of hypermarkets on our food supply as we're a small country the effects will come through more quickly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky