Welcome Michiganders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Glad you joined us Maple Sticks and
welcome1.gif
to the group. 

Stan

Welcome again cityofvoltz and Maple sticks! Glad to have you guys.

He Maple Sticks, maybe you can bring back some "Orange sticks" for us Northerners!?!? LOL That stuff is hard to get around here!

Welcome again cityofvoltz and Maple sticks! Glad to have you guys.

He Maple Sticks, maybe you can bring back some "Orange sticks" for us Northerners!?!? LOL That stuff is hard to get around here!
Neighbor cut a orange tree down. Helped him cut it up. Said he needed it hauled off. Told him I would take care of it for him. Its drying in my shed.
yahoo.gif

Neighbor cut a orange tree down. Helped him cut it up. Said he needed it hauled off. Told him I would take care of it for him. Its drying in my shed.
yahoo.gif
Score! I know poeple aren't supposed to move wood over long distances because of bugs (remember the Emerald Ash Borer?), but if some of that orange wood ends up stowing itself away in your trunk on your way back to MI, I'll help you get rid of it! lol jk
police2.gif

yahoo.gif
Woo Hoo the group is growing 45 members now. Come on Michiganders and if you have not joined the group yet
wife.gif
please do.  We need to have a get together this summer.
th_Slab_of_meat.gif

Stan

Hey, all...

I met Shamp a few weeks ago at a mutual friend's house...turns out we live in the same subdivision.  Somehow the conversation turned to smoking meat, and he pointed me towards this site.  As it happens, we're both in the beginning stages of new smoker builds, so there's likely some cold beer and hot metal in our near future.  It's 7 degrees this morning, so it's much more smoker planning weather than smoking weather!

Thought I'd say hi...looks like a fun and informative group!

Mr. Sunshine...Carharts for me or the smoker? Actually one of the reasons I'm building a new one is I can't keep the heat in my double drum unit when it's like this.

Handymanstan...thanks. Plenty to learn. One more thing to go broke with can't make that much of a difference!

Picked up the trailer for my new rig build today. 14' x 6'4", double axle 12,000gvwr. I'll be building with a section of crude oil pipeline, so I thought more trailer would be better than less. Still not sure what diameter I'll make the cooking chamber, so layout ideas are still pretty tentative, but I'll be sure to have plenty of firebox overbuilt into it so occasional use in Michigan is at least theoretically practical!
I'm thinking I'll try to accommodate an open grill, a propane cook pot, and wood box, and a bit of work surface...maybe a burner if the layout allows. Any unusual ideas anyone has that are worth considering?

Mr. Sunshine...Carharts for me or the smoker? Actually one of the reasons I'm building a new one is I can't keep the heat in my double drum unit when it's like this.

Handymanstan...thanks. Plenty to learn. One more thing to go broke with can't make that much of a difference!

Picked up the trailer for my new rig build today. 14' x 6'4", double axle 12,000gvwr. I'll be building with a section of crude oil pipeline, so I thought more trailer would be better than less. Still not sure what diameter I'll make the cooking chamber, so layout ideas are still pretty tentative, but I'll be sure to have plenty of firebox overbuilt into it so occasional use in Michigan is at least theoretically practical!
I'm thinking I'll try to accommodate an open grill, a propane cook pot, and wood box, and a bit of work surface...maybe a burner if the layout allows. Any unusual ideas anyone has that are worth considering?
Whatever it takes DoodleQ

Sounds like you have a tank in mind there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky