Weekend Smoke Buckboard & Canadian Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mudslinger2

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 5, 2013
Blackstone Ma
Hi all, Here's a few  pictures of my weekend smoke.

Out of Pops brine

Into the smoker for drying,  85 degrees circulation and exhaust fans on high

Couple of hours on the smoke with apple and hickory

Ten hours of smoke  IT 140   Three of the cutest butts I've seen in awhile

Can't forget these beauties

Time for a rest in the refer, see you all in a few days with a inside view, fry test, slicing and packaging.

Thanks for looking

Mudslinger

Hi Mudslinger,

I've never had Buckboard bacon before. I see you left some of the fat cap on the butts. Does it fry up crisp like regular belly bacon?

Hi Mudslinger,

I've never had Buckboard bacon before. I see you left some of the fat cap on the butts. Does it fry up crisp like regular belly bacon?
SB here is some finished product and it was yummy.

And the Canadian Bacon was Just as good.

Here's where the wife takes over

Well I hope you all enjoyed. Stay tuned for this weekends smoke, fresh hams from our hogs

Nice haul!!

drool.gif

EVERYONE breakfast at  Mudslingers tomorrow! Disco you are on biscuits. Buckboard Bacon and Sourdough Biscuits....... Weeeeee doggies!

Great job man, totally impressed!

Next year I can already see the pigs fighting to get to the head of the line to be raised by you!

Last edited:
Sorry, Foamheart. I think bacon this fine doesn't just warrant breakfast, it needs a whole day. Biscuits and buckboard bacon for breakfast. Leah's octopus for lunch and your gumbo for dinner.

Disco

So many silly people eat store bought 'smoked' items.  Tsk Tsk, little boy, step aside,

SMF to the rescue!

Nice work on the CB.  My next foray into smoking.

Or maybe a splatchy chicken...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky