Weekend QView feat. Ribs, Moinks, Dudestrami, Wings, BC Chicken, and Beans.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thunderdome

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Casa Grande, AZ
As always, I dont know which subforum to put these QView threads in, so this time I went w/ Pork

I planned for a lot of smoking this past weekend on my UDS. I wanted to really put it to the test. If anyone wants to know what wood/charcoal/lump I used or times, just holler. Thanks to Dude Abides for the Dudestrami info!

Believe it or not, most of this was for wife and I, either during the game and/or to foodsave. Here are Saturday and Sunday’s escapades

SATURDAY:

Rack of Spare Ribs with the mixture of rubs (brown sugar, honey and mustard not shown)

This was the first time I used the “Arizona Rub”. Surprisingly spicey, but not in a bad way

St. Louie’d

Thrown on the UDS for it’s second voyage

Chuggin along nicely. Still begging for a paint job

Starting on the Moink Balls

Seasoned Meat w/ Famous Daves, Lowrys, Onion flakes, and Pepper

Mozarella in the middle…next time I’m trying cheddar

Macro’d. Slightly bigger than planned

Thrown on w/ the Spares

Almost done

Macro

MMMMmmmmmmm

Here they are pulled off. Did a 3-1.5-0.5

Sliced

I forgot to mention that I grilled up a dozen wings too

I shredded the Riblet section of the Spares, and got all the bones out, and threw them in a Tupperware overnight, to be used in some beans the following day.

SUNDAY:

**Flashback to the day before, I began the soak on the Dudestrami. 6 hours with about 5 water changes

Seasoned and wrapped….ready for bed at this point***

Now back to Sunday…Had two young chickens thawed and ready to smoke and pull for the foodsaver and this weeks dinners. Here are my two injections. It was a flavor battle between Yoshida, and Creole Butter.

Here they are on my Cabela’s double Beer Can chicken rack, staring each other down in a battle royale…

Ready to throw my seasoned brisket on with the birds

Foiled the Dudestrami at 165, chickens coming along nicely

Pulled off at 165, ready to be tented in foil for a little bit. Looks like Yoshida came out ahead in this one

The Dudestrami was pulled, foiled, and here is my first peek

Trimmed the fat cap off now while it’s still soft

Starting to shred the Creole Butter one. It turned out fantastic for the record

Creole Butter all pulled, and ready for foodsaving

Now on to Yoshida’s

Yoshida’s pulled and ready for the FoodSaver

That’s All Folks!

P.S. Here are Mrs. ThunderDome’s world famous beans

Maybe she’ll share the recipe if I ask, but no promises! All I know is the riblet meat made the cut this time
And here is the Dudestrami which I finally sliced up yesterday after a nice long chill

Man that all looks Great...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

So between the Yoshidas and the Creole butter chicken, which one was the winner or were they both about equal but different?

( remember ron will be closely watching for your answer. )
icon_mrgreen.gif

It all looks good to me. I am waiting for an answer though.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Looks like a mighty fine weekend full of grub.

Now that is really working that new smoker hard there for sure. I'm really glad you two could eat all of that and you didn't need any of our help out here in the smokey smokeyland. No everything looks great and you now know what that drum can take.
points.gif
just for the smoker. OK and you too.

I hope this isn't copping out...but they were both really good...just in different ways.

The Creole Butter was probably the go-to version.

The Yoshida's would always get thumbs up as well. I guess it depends if you feel like something on the sweeter side?

Wow. That's a ton of food for ust you and the wife. That's my theory, smoking is a fair amount of work. Might as well load up the freezer whenever I cook.

Everything looks like it turned out great. What did you think of the strami?

points.gif
for some amazing qview. What are you using for a camera and lenses?

Yes, it was a lot for us two. My freezer is full of good stuff. I need to order somemoreof those food saver bags for sure

The strami was fantastic. It honestly turned out better than I had expected.

The camera is just my pocket Canon 7.1 megapixel. I have had it awhile and it's a soldier.

Nexium in this house!

Shweeeeeeet!

babysmall.gif

Next time you cut that fat cap off...... fry it up like bacon and crunch it up.... sprinkle a little on top of those beans..... woooohooooo!
I'm tellin you guys... if you haven't tried this your missin out.

Would I have had to cut a little meat off w/ the fat cap? Since I cut off after cooking, it could basically just scrape the fat off, with no meat attached

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky