weekend bird

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

benjaminr

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Carbondale, IL
This week, 13lb turkey. My fam wanted a turkey done that we had frozen for samiches and snacking for while the family is down.

Picked up a few digital thermometers

Few hours in

After it was done I pulled it and put it in the fridge then carved it up today

AHH its black!

But still juicy and mouth watering!

I did this guy on 220 for about 8hrs with hickory until breast temps reached 178

The rub was just a little basil (didnt do anything for flavor just cosmetics because I dont eat the skin.)

Thanks for looking.

I LOVE smoked turkey so that looks darn fine to me, bet it tasted as good as I am imagining.
Great job Benjamin, bet the family loved it.

Good looking turkey. We don't care if it's a bit dark, it's all good!

Yeah, I was a tad surprised when I opened the door to get it out how dark it had gotten, But like I said still tastes awesome!!

And everything iv done is my first time so I don't really know what im doing i am just winging it lol so far so good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky