Weekend Beef Ribs with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

harrylips

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Hey, all

Last week I picked up some center cut beef back ribs. 3 slabs at $1.49 a pound ended up costing me just under $10. Smoked them up for about 5 hours on the Cimarron.

The first slab I used Wild Bill's free sample that he sent me and I do say...it was the best slab of the three. Actually thought about ordering some it was indeed that good.

The other 2 slabs I used a rub from a rib place that I got when I was in Memphis a while back on business.

I used a modified 3-2-1 method. It was more like 2.5-1.5-1 for these bones.

We ended up killing off two slabs Saturday night and the last slab was Sunday's lunch.

The whole family was pleased with the results.

Ribs look great! And good deal, too.

I was curious about two things: First, Who is Wild Bill and how did you get him to send you a free sample of his rub? Second, What place in Memphis did you get the rub from? I LOVE and use the rub from Rendezvous all the time on my ribs and I think it's one of the best. But, I have family in Memphis and they can send stuff now and then, so I'm curious about what you used and how you liked it.

They look delicious! Beef ribs are my favorite.
smile.gif

This is it:

http://wildbillsribrub.com/

He was offering free samples a while back. i heard about it after the fact and emailed them asking for one and they obliged.

I think they are still doing the free samples but you got to pay the shipping which was $1.90 from TX to MI. You get about a cup of rub in the sample.

I am usually not one for promoting...but this rub was great.

Corky's. For some reason, my wife loves their rub, so when I go to Memphis I always stop in and pick up some for her. I would prefer Rendezvous, but she is pregnant and I don't want to get into any hormone induced arguments.

Just checked it and it looks like S&H would be $2.65.

Yes there is a membrane to remove and sometimes it's as easy as pork ribs and sometimes there is some fat covering the membrane making it touch to remove from the bones.

the ribs look great all juicey and moist great job.

Look great. I love the beefies too. Love the mojo on them. I tend to do them as I would my steaks, medium rare. No more than 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Still nice and tender, with alittle pull.

Might have to do some this weekend
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky