• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

wedding catering. 70lbs of smoked meat.

omahasmoker

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 12, 2009
i got the call earlier this year. a good friend of ours was getting married and would i please make some meat for the reception. how could i refuse a bride on her wedding day? i started first with 35 pounds of chicken wings.

followed by 25 pounds of featherbones

and 20 pounds of pork loin

i used a new sauce that i have been working on. it has red wine, strawberry and grape jelly, balsamic vinegar, and real maple syrup. it has quite a bit of no-salt montreal steak seasoning in it. its slightly sticky and has a nice fruity and sweet flavor. i brushed it on the wings and the pork loin slices. its a nice alternative to my standard mahogany sauce that gets all over the place.

all in all, it was a good smoke.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Yup the pics are blanked out and I really want to see them

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
i got the call earlier this year. a good friend of ours was getting married and would i please make some meat for the reception. how could i refuse a bride on her wedding day? i started first with 35 pounds of chicken wings.

followed by 25 pounds of featherbones

and 20 pounds of pork loin

i used a new sauce that i have been working on. it has red wine, strawberry and grape jelly, balsamic vinegar, and real maple syrup. it has quite a bit of no-salt montreal steak seasoning in it. its slightly sticky and has a nice fruity and sweet flavor. i brushed it on the wings and the pork loin slices. its a nice alternative to my standard mahogany sauce that gets all over the place.

all in all, it was a good smoke.
Here's his pics.

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
WOW that all looks great.

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Looks Great...

I could really put a dent in those Feather Bones and Chicken Wings...

omahasmoker

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 12, 2009
thanks. it was a bunch of work, but it was worth it. next time it will be easier. i should have my other electric smoker built and i should be able to do it all in one shot.

omahasmoker

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 12, 2009
i'm baaaack! i smoke my wings at 250 on the temp gauge. it hardly ever gets to 250 before the wings are done. 

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014

i'm baaaack! i smoke my wings at 250 on the temp gauge. it hardly ever gets to 250 before the wings are done. 
what a great site , a member comes back from ?? to answer questions !

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks