Weber Recipe of the Week

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

willkat98

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 11, 2005
Anyone go to Weber.com and sign up for weekly emails of recipes?

They got some good ones.

Just got this today: (I have not tried it yet)

Beer Can Chicken with Rosemary and Thyme

Rub
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 whole chicken, about 4 pounds

2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 can (12 ounces) beer, at room temperature
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 clove garlic, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

1. In a small bowl, mix the rub ingredients.

2. Remove and discard the neck and giblets and any excess fat from the chicken. Lightly rub the chicken all over with the oil. Season the chicken inside and out with the rub. Tuck the tips of the wings behind the chickenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s back.

3. Open the beer can and pour out about half the beer. Put the rosemary, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, and red pepper flakes into the beer can (so they will flavor the steam). Using a can opener, make 2 more holes in the top of the can. Place the beer can on a solid surface. Plunk the chicken cavity over the beer can.

4. Transfer the bird-on-a-can to the grill, balancing the bird on its two legs and the can, like a tripod. Grill over indirect medium heat until the juices run clear and the internal temperature registers 170º F in the breast and 180º F in the thickest part of the thigh, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Carefully remove the chicken and can from the grill (do not spill contents of beer can, as it will be very hot). Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes before lifting from the beer can and cutting into serving pieces. Serve warm.

Makes 4 servings

Chi-Bill, Nice to see you stop by Bro!!  I'm gonna have to try that rub on my next butt canned chicken.  That rub looks like it would be great on lamb as well!!

Thanks for sharing!

I use lemon pepper, sea salt and paprika on my rub . In the can i use half a beer, crab boil; dry or liquid, chopped peppers, onions and garlic etc, and whatever seasonings your taste buds call for.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky