Weber Performer vs Weber Master Touch

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which one?!

• Performer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Master-Touch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rhaugle

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Looking into replacing my charcoal grill and curious on peoples thoughts between the Weber Performer (with the table and gas starter and more options) and just a classic weber (master touch) kettle. Is it worth the extra $200? Currently I do not have a prep table near my grill and the starter looks pretty neat..

IMO, a chimney starter + blowtorch works quite well. Just get yourself a side table and you're set. I use a Browning outfitter table, I can fold it up and take it camping and use it with my OTS and smokey joe at camp.

WIth the money saved, get yourself a nice brisket and a few bags of charcoal!!
grilling_smilie.gif

Last edited:
I have the performer and love the igniter and also the table. Simple to move everything around the corner if the wind comes up or rain. The charcoal bin is useless though other than empty beer can storage

I have both , but like the Perfomer the best . I still use a chimney , just use the propane assist to light the paper . Easy to move around , nice work surface  . 

Not sure if Weber still makes the cutting board the hangs on the side of the kettle ? If so thats a cheaper option if you get the master touch . 

I have a performer and love it. I also live in washington state where it rains and the wind blows and my charcoal never gets wet in the bin. I do not have the igniter setup on mine. I reiterate I love it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky