• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Weber or Napolean

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 7, 2018
Looking to replace my old gas grill that

the bottom has already burned out after less than 7 yrs of owning it.

Im looking at either a Weber Spirit or Nepolean Rogue. Both are 3 burner and seem to be of equal quality.

Obviously Weber has a great reputation but kinda like the looks and a cpl of the features of the Rogue

Anyone have amy thoughts on the two, more the Rogue than the Spirit.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I too have been looking at Napolean and Weber. I would take the Rogue over the Spirit, nicer features. Now the Rogue 425 XT vs. The Weber Genesis II 335, both in the $1K range, is a tough choice. Weber has a 10 year Warranty vs Rogues 15 years. Weber has a Stainless Steel cooking Grate vs Porcelain coated Cast Iron. But that Rougue IR Sear burner is pretty sweet vs Weber's small extra burner for searing temps.
I'm not sure you could go wrong with either, but I'm leaning toward the Napolean Rogue in all Stainless...JJ

meskc

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 9, 2009
I really like the look of the napoleon phantom series. It has stainless steel grates as well.

Bytor

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 16, 2020
I struggled between a Weber and Napoleon last year. I ended up getting a discontinued Triumph and have no regrets. Their newer models look to be even better.

I'm very happy with the Napoleon.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I really like the look of the napoleon phantom series. It has stainless steel grates as well
They are nice. I just wonder what the Black Finish is made of and how durable it will be...JJ

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 7, 2018
So ended up picking up a Napoleon RXT425 this morning. 3 burner plus side burner, built in smoke box. Ended up payijg about $130 less than the original price. They had it on display for $100 less than actual cost plus the additional 5% off for using my Lowes card.

Already did the burn in, so now just figure out what to make on it tonite.
20210918_112423.jpg

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Nice grill! What do you think of the finish? Looks nice but do you think it will hold up?...JJ

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.