Weber kettle pork butt- attempt 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

doohop65

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 19, 2013
Fox Valley, Wisconsin
Well, today we are having Father's Day at my place so I thought I would introduce my family to my new hobby. My first butt turned out better than my first brisket so decided to feed them butt.

5 am was awfully early for poctures so here is the 9 am shots. Grill has been going for 3.5 hours. Temps moving from 230 to 275. The fun of a kettle. (Really want a primo but man are those expensive)

Using lump and a combo of apple and maple. Hopefully it turns out as we have 12 over for dinner. Oh and we started with a 9.5# butt

God luck, looks good so far.
drool.gif
 Nice Bark forming.

Looking good. Hopefully it will start taking heat again soon. I think the last one I did stalled for over four hours.

Well she finally came out of the stall. Moved up to 180 now and if it keeps a slow climb should work out well for the guests that arrive in 4 hours.

If this is your first time serving p.p. to a number of people, sometimes a hint of smoke is better than a really smokey flavor. If this is going to be the first experience for them eating smoked meats, they won't be overwhelmed by the smoke.

As you learn their palates, you can plan for future smokes.

Nice job on the butte!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky