We Have Shrimps! ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
The boat came in last night, one of large, one of extra large/jumbos. The void at the top was ice.

Large........

Extra Large (I hate to call 'em jumbo).

Now to get 'em cleaned an put up....... Back later!

BTW.... when did Igloo change from 48 qt to 50 qt. standards?

Last edited:
Dear sweet Lord that's a beautiful sight!!!
Whites are just so superior in my opinion.

Agreed ...
I actually let myself run out this year, first time ever I remember. I used to get MUCH bigger ice chests and put up, but I seem to not have as much room any more. I freezer is full of butts, briskets,turkeys and hams...... Its Ok, but last week having to use store bought frozen salad shrimps made me cry.

Got one done, about to start the second. I'll think on what to do with some fresh shrimps while getting the rest in the freezer.

But would you endure the humidity and mosquitos for that opportunity? LOL
​Kevin I would definitely do that,last time I did it was in the Philippines warm day 105* humidity felt the same.Nice haul I seen a post u did the other day about shrimp and I can not find it,

Richie 

​Kevin I would definitely do that,last time I did it was in the Philippines warm day 105* humidity felt the same.Nice haul I seen a post u did the other day about shrimp and I can not find it,

Richie 
Oh? You mean the remoulade? Shrimp is the norm, but I have also had it with lump crab, lobster, river shrimps, acid cooked fish, even those Tiger shrimps, etc...... I don't care how big they get, I just don't care for tiger shrimps, they rate right up there on my list with brownies.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/229289/shrimp-remoulade-foamheart

I am pretty mad right now, I cussed Dow Chemical all night last night! I had a Case (4 boxes) of freezer ziploc's, 9 bags out of a full case did NOT have holes in them. I have two Ice chest full of shrimp ready to freeze in the garage needing to be frozen. I had to make specail arangments to have one come and sit with my Pop so I could go out and process them too.. Only 9 stinking bags did not leak from the factory..... I was not a very nice person last night!

Thank you sir I will be reading this now.That does S** when ya get bags like that.

Richie

Thank you sir I will be reading this now.That does S** when ya get bags like that.

Richie
I have a couple of dozen really beautiful jumbos I picked out to do something with, I was just too aggrivated to think about what yet. They are easily big enough to stuff.

Besides, see ya never know when the shrimp boat is comming in with your shrimps. It doesn't matter too much, except to cooking some fresh. I have two chickens one cureing and one brineing, a chuck roast and a tray of large thighs in the reefer. LOL I have been low of fresh shrimp for almost 6 months, you wait for fresh and the size and a good deal. It just all came together day before yesterday. These are some really pretty shrimp and good sized for what they were graded (sized). All reall clean shrimps.

Can ya tell no one goes to bed hungry around this place? LOL

Foam ,you are my hero !
icon_biggrin.gif
 I love shrimp !!

Foamy, we here in south Mississippi are complaining at the lack of decent sized shrimp.  All the shrimp are small, and in fact shrimpers are staying at the dock. 

Richard

Foam ,you are my hero !
icon_biggrin.gif
 I love shrimp !!
Me too..... I am as bad as the guy in the Bubba Gump movie!

Foamy, we here in south Mississippi are complaining at the lack of decent sized shrimp.  All the shrimp are small, and in fact shrimpers are staying at the dock. 

Richard
These are a little small but.............. Thats a 1/2 tray btw.

Thats some I saved with the heads on, better presentation, harder to freeze though......LOL

Oh, BTW got 'em all in the freezer and thinking now, I might need a good shower....LOL

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky