wating to build or find a gas grill/ wood smoker combo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

blueheeler

Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
  I am wanting to build or find a combo.  have looked at the Smoke Hollow combo and the Char grill 50/50. they are kind of what I would like but the metal is pretty thin so I dont think they will hold heat very well when smoking. I have a vertical smoker and a gas grill but would like to have an all in one. I am still considering the two mentioned just to be able to smoke something small on and still have thevertical smoker to do lots of meat.

I am also looking to ge into a few back yard ametuer smoking contest ad steak cook offs, that is why I would like the combo instead of trying to haul both the gas grill and the vertical smoker.

I am thinking of something like the 50/50 but with a slide in the middle so I could open both sides up.If I close the area where the gas tubes go in at and add a slide then I would be able to double my surface area for the meat. I am sure there is somthing that I am forgetting just not sure what..... Needd some thoughts and suggestions.

My other idea is to make a vertical smoker but with a gas grill between the fire box and the vertical smoker wich would give you the area of th egrill and the vertical area to smoke on. I am not sure that you would be able to get enough heat in the vertical side with out to much heaton the grill side.

I also would like to know how thick a smoker should be.....the fire box, smoke box.

Any thoughts, suggestions, laughs, are all appreciated.

Thanks,

Blueheeler

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky