Waterfowl Hunters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bassman

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 15, 2007
Can someone help me identify this (duck)? A mating pair showed up at my pond a week or so ago and I've never seen one of them. We have lots of mallards and the occasional cinnamon teal but I'm not familiar with this one. Thanks.

You mean like this?
biggrin.gif

Nice shot Keith. We get a few pair of woodies every year but mostly mallards and canada's

Yeah, Dan, I chase the Canadas out of here with my pellet gun. It takes a couple of weeks of persuasion, but I don't want 10-15 of those things crapping all around the pond. We put up with that for a couple of years, but it's way too close to the house.
biggrin.gif
BTW, thanks Fresh Meat for the ID.

Yes, that's just part of it though. Let me see if I have another pic. Here's on of the South half. Heck of a wind and rainstorm to boot.

I thought I had shot all of them too, but as soon as spring showed, so did the dam flamingos.
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

LOL, We have to chase the Canadas away from my son's pond too, because his Newfi jumps in after them. He's getting old, and if he goes in the pond, his coat absorbs about 30 pounds of water, making it real hard for him to get out of the pond!

Nice pic of the Wood Duck,
Bearcarver

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky