• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Walmart steaks

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
I don't typically get my steaks from Walmart. Every once in awhile I'll find a decent deal on some chuck roasts or things of that nature. Good steaks are few and far between there most of the time. Today I stopped in to get a few groceries on my way home from work. When I walked past the beef section these ribeyes caught my eye and I couldn't pass them up. These have got to be some of the best steaks I've seen in a regular supermarket......not typically what I see at my local walmart....
I think I'll be having steak this week!!

1129211550a~2.jpg

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Hell yeah, score! Better looking than most prime ribeyes

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Hell yeah, score! Better looking than most prime ribeyes
I agree Jake ! Marbling is fantastic on these. And the cap part of the steaks are a large portion!

Brokenhandle

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
They look good! Can I claim the one in the middle? I hardly ever go to Walmart... since I somehow live 45 miles away from 4 of them, all in different directions.

Ryan

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Did you say you are grinding those for burgers , I heard angus burgers are the best.

Joking, nice looking steaks

David
I'll tell ya what... I'll cook one , slice it thin and stack the slices on a bun... We'll just call it a "Angus burger! Lol!

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
They look good! Can I claim the one in the middle? I hardly ever go to Walmart... since I somehow live 45 miles away from 4 of them, all in different directions.

Ryan
Ryan, I suppose since your so far away from a Wal-Mart I'll llet you have the one in the middle!! 😂

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
Those look great Travis! Great score, and from Wal Mart? Wow. Since there's 3 of them, you can use 2 as buns for a real nice sandwich.

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
I'll tell ya what... I'll cook one , slice it thin and stack the slices on a bun... We'll just call it a "Angus burger! Lol!
See now Travis , that's thinking outside the box,
Ha ha

good on you

David

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Those look pretty good . I'm long overdue for a good ribeye steak .

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Holy Shoot, Travis!!!
Those look Awesome!! Outstanding Marbling!!

Bear

DougE

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 13, 2010
Nice marbling ! Some of the best grocery store steaks I've seen in a long time.

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 19, 2018
Travis, those steaks do look exceptional. Nice find...

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I’m going to WM this morning. Don’t usually buy beef there, other than a packer brisket. But I sure will look at the meat today. Hope they have a steak looking like yours!
Al

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Those are some nice steaks Travis, especially from Walmart. The ones I see are so thin you could see through them.

Walmart is usually a giant hassle for me to go to and generally not worth the trip, but when I do, I always scout out the meat section.

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 19, 2018
One problem with Walmart meat departments is there are no meat cutters, just meat stockers, so you have to take what they have. To find a pack of really nice looking ribeyes that weigh 1 lb. each at Walmart is almost like finding a needle in a haystack...

912smoker

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
I’m going to WM this morning. Don’t usually buy beef there, other than a packer brisket. But I sure will look at the meat today. Hope they have a steak looking like yours!
Al
Me too Al and hopefully we'll find some that nice.
Man those look great !

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Man thats some good looking steaks especially coming from Wally! Let us know how they cook up.
Jim

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.