walmart putting smokers on clearance

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike3ga88

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 15, 2014
Rockmart GA
went in the local walmart today and there already putting seasonal stuff on clearance and some smokers were included. most were the entry level smokers like there basic offset marked down from 138 to 109 but they also had the weber smokey mountain 14.5" marked down from 199 to 119. Im hopinh they mark down the oklahoma joe highland

Our local store doesn't carry over the 14.5" wsm, they also had a charbroil 1280 marked down to 139 from 188. Apparently there are 2 different 1280s they carry, one is a 2014 model and 1 a 2015. They also had a masterbilt propane smoker marked way down. I guess markdowns and inventory vary from store to store

Lol, went in a 3rd Walmart today and they had 3 Oklahoma joe highlands put together and a pallett with 4 more in box, full price. I asked the department manager when grills/smokers got marked down and he got somewhat offended and said he doesn't mark his grills or smokers down because he sells them all yea, lol. He knows and I know the garden area becomes the Christmas area right after Halloween, I know he wants to get full price but he's crazy, also this store has a poor reputation for Walmart. I may not find one marked down but if I pay full price it won't be from his store

I picked up my MES 30 (Gen 1, Glass door) last fall in a Walmart Clearance.  I'm trying to find the receipt but I think it was $199 down to $149.  As an aside, if you see any other outdoor stuff while you're there and would like it then ask the person that looks like they are in charge is there is an end of season discount - I did that with a hedge trimmer still listed at full price and he knocked 25% off that with the smoker.

Checked mine today, Oklahoma Joe's Highland marked to $199 from $270. Man that was tempting. If I would have had an extra $200 I would be seasoning a new cooker right now.

they will do everything they can to get to Christmas fast....back to school crap hit shelves 4 weeks after school got out

Dang I better head back to Walmart, had a employee at one store tell me usually first week of August they'd mark all grills down

Ugh, went back to 2 different walmarts today and still no mark down on the highland. First store I went in they literally had every other grill/smoker marked down, even Weber gas grills. If I can't pick up a highland marked down I'll save my money up till I can get an old country pecos from academy.

wait wait wait.....if you have that option for Academy, why do you want the OKJ? It is garbage compared to Old Country. Trust me....you will be much much happier with the Old Country.

Yea I have looked at them, got an academy about 15 minutes from home. There down to the final few for this season and what they have is showing rust from sitting out and they won't budge on price. Main reason I wanted the highland was the price of 268 compared to 399 for pecos. I explained to my wife the highland would need about 100$ in mods making it almost price of pecos and I got that look lol. I'm using an old char broil vertical for now that I can turn out some awesome food but am limited on space.

Wife called me from Walmart, they have marked the highland down to 139$, it may not be the quality of the 399$ pecos, but even with 100$ in mods I'm only at 239$ compared to the char broil 365 vertical I use now it's going to be fun lol. Can't wait to get everything I need to put it together and fire it up.

Do what I did....get it welded.....What ever you do....DO NOT USE RTV ANYWHERE ON OR AROUND THE FIREBOX!!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky