Walle-potle Garlic Salt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 21, 2009
Fruita, Colorado
This is the final finile on my roasted pepper thread

Smoked, roasted, ground anaheims, poblanos, jalapenos = Walle-potle
wink.gif
 !

I ground up the finally dried garlic and added to it the chili and chipotle powders along with some smoked salt. Tastes pretty darn good!

Ground garlic

Chili powders added

Smoked salt added

WA-LA! Walle-potle Garlic Salt
Bassman's take on the left, Walle's take on the right.
Ana-potle on top, roasted three chili majic on the bottom!

my  recipe:
4 large cloves dried garlic - ground
6 T smoked, dried, ground Jalepeno
6 T smoked, dried, ground Anaheim/Poblano
6 T smoked kosher salt

Makes roughly one pint

I would appreciate some more mixed chili shake recipes from you other pepper heads.
Thanks for checking out my post
Tracey

/ message sig

icon_cool.gif

Now that looks like a mighty tasty concoction for sure there Tracy.

I have always been jealous of Bassman and now even more
icon_redface.gif

How is it? Looks Good...
Very good flavor - I love garlic, and was very impressed with the flavor of the dried.  I'm going to keep Bassman's dryer and do another batch!

Looks great, I like mixing different chili's together, I believe they compliment each other.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
The tast is incredible.  I have some cayenne that use in my rib rub... did the o'l tast test comparison last night and there is no comparison.  Whether it is the three chili combo, the smoke, or what... the chili powder I made kicks the chili right outta the cayenne from the store.  Can't wait to mix up a new batch of rub with it.  I tried the garlic pepper salt on some potato soup last night - DANG!

I have always been jealous of Bassman and now even more
icon_redface.gif
HA!  Keith's a good guy for sure.  I'm kinda PO'ed at him right know cuz I think he's off fishing without me again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky