Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk Marinade on Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
My last batch of jerky while had great flavor just was not spicy enough. The marinade seemed plenty spicy but did not translate to the jerky. I love Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk Marinade and has nice heat for grilled meats. Thinking of trying on Jerky. Normally don't marinade over night with this stuff because can get pretty spicy but think need to on jerky?

Using Walkers Wood on jerky sound s like a great idea. I bet the flavor will be amazing. Are you going to add curing salt?

JC :emoji_cat:

May have to try that, WW and Graces are great, Graces I tgink is a little hotter than WW but the hot Graces is harder to find in the area

Should I just weight the marinade and meat together to figure out cure?
Yes, you should weigh both then apply the cure. However the meat weight is most important, unless you are heavy on marinade like a brine. 1tsp per 5 pounds cure #1. If you use the calculator, make sure to add the marinade weight in with the meat.

Reactions: JC in GB
I still have this one to try. Think it was Jake that recommended. I have some pork tenderlon to try on just so many things on list. OK it going to the top!

Attachments

• 20201231_163314.jpg
    20201231_163314.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: JC in GB
I have the Eye of round sliced and marinading. Had couple small cuts and boy that stuff let me know. I think this going to be some good stuff.

My last batch of jerky while had great flavor just was not spicy enough. The marinade seemed plenty spicy but did not translate to the jerky. I love Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk Marinade and has nice heat for grilled meats. Thinking of trying on Jerky. Normally don't marinade overnight with this stuff because can get pretty spicy but think need to on jerky?
I tried Walkerswood Jamaican jerk marinade Brian. It was good but I also found it to be not as spicy as I would like. Went looking for other recipes that had more of a spicy element and found one with a terrific jerk seasoning. Think you will like that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky