Vivo stuffer WTH?????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lennyluminum

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
ST. Petersburg, FL
I just used my new 22lb vivo stuffer and it was the hardest thing I've ever done!! I mean really it takes 2 men and a boy to crank this thing!! Not to mention one of the teeth on the gears is broken off.

Anyone else have any issues with it being really hard to crank with a vivo stuffer?

f5133f43aa724999a73c647e56b3ce3e.jpg
a08b95d05c080d4306fa9009c821f61e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I am only seeing a 7 and 11 pound model. Anyway, NO it should not be hard. Empty, the plunger should slide down with One Finger turning the crank and Full a Child should have little trouble turning the crank. My kids have been helping for years with my 5 pound Northern Tool Stuffer with Nylon Gears and never had a lick of problems. Did it ever go up and down with ease?...JJ

I have the 11 pound model, love it, well built, smooth and easy to crank. Contact Vivo, they'll take care of it. Good customer service. Metal gears should not be broken. It's made to last a lifetime.

Sorry to hear about your stuffer problems.... It looks pretty serious. Hope they will correct it. Did you order it on line or bought it locally.

Yeah those gears look messed up.  Can you get a replacement?  My concern is that rust will take over the parts where the metal was shaved.

So I had the same metal shaving problem with my LEMon. The frame that supports the rod assembly was messed up from the factory. It was shaving off the brass washer and creating a bind. Hopefully you have better customer service than what I got from LEMon.

Customer service was great unfortunately they don't make this stuffer any longer and don't offer parts for it. They gave me a full refund no problem.

d8ac1c84e42018732cc404bbf8aff36e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sorry bud, really.  Seeing as though you already have cash sunk, you could look at the Grissly with plastic gears.  Otherwise the LEM with metal gears would be my first choice.  Mine works perfectly. 

Last edited:
I don't know what you are looking for size wise, but these have good reviews:

I would pick them over LEM any day. Customer Service is everything and LEM doesn't offer service of any sorts.

Last edited:

Crappy customer service doesn't sit well with me. LEM's is crap!
Keep pushing the crappy customer service you received from LEM.....  Members need to know which outfits they can trust if a product fails.....  

Just like we promote Great Customer Service like Todd has.... 

Mummel....  don't you think it's reasonable to promote CRAPPY customer service ???    If you got bit and had to fight for a month or longer to get "some sort" of satisfaction for a faulty product, we would hope you would let us know...... 

Since we have new folks joining here on a daily basis, they NEED to know which outfits don't provide good customer service...

I think that picture is frickin awesome.   Agree Todd is great - ordered from him again yesterday .. shipped yesterday.  

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky