Violated Yard Bird

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lcruzen

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 16, 2007
Hell, Michigan
Or beer butt chicken if you prefer. I usually do these on the Weber Kettle with off set coals but had the GOSM fired up from doing Canadian bacon earlier so bump up the temp to 300o and threw it in.

This is what it looked like 2 hours later. Skin nice and crispy and if you look hard you can see the juices on the cutting board.

Made up a batch of my favorite potato salad. I don't use recipes much so this is the ingredient list.

Cooked diced potatoes
diced red onion
chopped chives
diced red pepper
diced yellow pepper
dill weed
basil
garlic powder
salt
pepper
Dijon mustard
mayo
sour cream

And dinner is served. Quite tasty! I think I prefer the bird on the Weber though.

yummy, can hardly wait for my supper to get out of the smoker

Good looking bird, at least you can say you tried the smoked version and enjoy one over the other. Thanks for the potato salad recipe! I'm not a big mayo fan and if I can use a majority of sour cream and mustard to mayo ratio, it will taste pretty good too!

Unwrapped (on Food Network) just had a special on BBQ and featured the Weber kettle grills used in the Weber restaurants located throughout the midwest. Those are awesome looking grills and after seeing how they were constructed, am sold on getting one at some point!

Thanks for the qvue!

That does look good! I just got done with my first smoked/grilled chicken quarters. I just watched that Unwrapped too. Proud to say I did my chicken tonight on the Weber
8aeff412_vbattach19256.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky