Vintage Market

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

krj

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
My cousin has been hosting a vintage market 3 times a year, for a couple years now. She tried for the first couple events to get me to come sell food, but I wasn't ready at that point. I have however been to her last two, the latest of which was Saturday. I did a burnt end dinner with beans, potato salad, cornbread, pickle and a drink.

I do out burnt ends a little different then what I'd call "traditional". I smoke whole packers, then cube the point and flat, then it goes into a pan with a mixture of bbq sauce and Dr. Pepper to be either baked or smoked off again.

It wasn't a very good turn out at the event, and I lost some money but it's always nice to have a reason to work on my craft. Here's some various shots of everything along the way.

The final plate.
rAEPyLY.jpg

One of three pans of burnt ends.
mksHuV1.jpg

This is about 2/3 of the brisket cubed up. This tub was heaping by the time I finished. Had a good smoke ring and great flavor.
4dZucWO.jpg

Chuck roll. Fist time I used this cut, it's a pretty interesting piece of meat. Didn't quite cube up like I wanted but I now know it shreds amazingly and would make some killer hot beef sandwiches.
YODK4BC.jpg

Chuck roll pre cook. 30lbs of beef right there.
WVUStNO.jpg

7 briskets and 1 chuck roll were cooked for this event.
3Ku8cKt.jpg

ycFSxXs.jpg

hAowG5E.jpg

4aJdQ41.jpg

7 briskets and 1 chuck roll trimmed, ready to be seasoned and smoke .
VMF3OLR.jpg

Hidden within these beans are a ton of pulled pork and bacon.
LFwTBoT.jpg

Bonus not so glamorous shot! I didn't have these at the event, but I tried these out for the first time for Easter. Dino eggs and what I'm called devilsaur eggs, because I'm a nerd and why not??? These were delicious, and super easy and cheap to make. Might do these as a menu item for events going forward.
90wA0I5.jpg

It all looks great but the Deviled Dino Eggs are one of the coolest creations I've seen...JJ

Looks great!! If you don’t mind me asking what do you charge for a plate? Tell us more about those eggs I’m intrigued.

Looks great!! If you don’t mind me asking what do you charge for a plate? Tell us more about those eggs I’m intrigued.

The plate pictured with a drink was $9. There was one other food vendor at the event, not sure how well they did. But the prices for their food were comparable to mine, but mine was larger meal.

As for the eggs, I found them here a few weeks back. I had to do a small cook for some friends so I grabbed a dozen eggs, a couple pounds of breakfast sausage, and a package of bacon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky