Verticle Reverse Flow Smoker - Advantages / Dis-Advantages

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

charlieharper

Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
South East Mighigan
I’m working on plans for a vertical smoker and have been doing a lot of research.  One thing I have not been able to find information about is the advantages/disadvantages of a vertical, reverse flow smoker.  Any help and information will be appreciated.

Last edited:
I know there is a member on here that did a RF on a trailer not too long ago.  He did a horizontal box, with a vertival box on the end.  Just doing a vertical RF smoker only wouldnt be much different than a regular vertical smoker or even with a side firebox for it I would think.  Doing the RF is keeping the firebox outside and drawing the smoke into a seperate tank under a plate, then jumping up and back across the meat, then exiting through the stacks back on top of the firebox side just above your cooking grate level.

I have not seen a vertical only RF. 

GoodLuck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky