Vertical Reverse Flow smoker build. Calculating proper air flow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Morantp

Original poster
Feb 19, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am currently in the process of designing a vertical reverse flow smoker. Prior to building I would like to take all steps necessary to make sure I have the proper airflow throughout the entire smoker. Can anyone flood me with suggestions on how to ensure that this happens? The "frame" of the smoker will.be made out of 2" square tubing. This is going to leave 1" for insulation and 1" for the airflow from the FB to the CC. This will be the same on 3 sides of the firebox as the front will be a door. The dimensions of the cooking chamber are 36" wide, 36" deep, and 60" tall. I am making this large enough so I can do large batches of snack sticks. My first thought was to have the top 2" open on all sides of the CC and have the exhaust tube be built out of 4" square tubing. Please advise if I'm completely wrong on this build. Thank you

vertical Firebox air inlets 6.jpg Vertical Smoker.jpg VerticalRFSmokermod 5.jpg Vertical Smoker.3jpg.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky