Vermont Castings Propane Gas Smoker VC3624GS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dragon691

Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Hello all.

I am looking at getting a propane smoker but would like some input on what everyone things about the VC3624GS. I have read a couple reviews online about how this is a good outdoor oven but doesn't get down to low enough temps for good smoking. I was wondering if anyone who has, or has used this smoker has any comments.

Barring this one (it is a little above my price range at about 700 dollars) I am looking at a 24" Smoke Vault. Are there any other suggestions for propane smokers in the 400 to 600 dollar range?

Pat

To backup what FG said. I am not familiar with the smoker itself. Vermont Castings has always made good equip. and considered to be higher end propane stuff.

The Great Outdoors smokey mountain is made by the same manufacturer (CFM) and is quite abit cheaper at 189.00. Only differences are thinner steel, not double walled 304 stainless and it's black. Almost every thing else is the same including the burner.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky