Venison..yum!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nomorecoop

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 1, 2008
Central Ohio
Another venison post..

After the overnight marinade & added fresh CBP.

Added onion...

Can't smoke venison without bacon!!!

Served with loaded baked potato & grilled asparagus.

Thanks for viewing!!!

Looks great coop. How long does venison last in the freezer? Got a bunch of ground from a friend. Man you eat good

It depends on how it is packaged. I vacuum pack mine and have had some 2 years old that was just fine. If it is just wrapped in butcher paper it might be freezer burned in less than a year. By the way, it works well for a fattie when mixed with ground pork.

Great smoke Chris!

One of the perks of my job is getting in on fresh road kill. Just put a yearling buck in the freezer. Only injury was a popped left shoulder. Game warden finished him and issued me a tag.

Hope to find time to smoke a venison meatloaf and a shoulder roast next weekend. RIght now the farm consumes my time.

Great post and looking forward to more!

Cheers!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky