Venison Sausage q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meat-man

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 11, 2008
Missouri
A friend of a friend called me the other day and asked me if I would make summer sausage for him. He said he would pay me $ 3.00 lb.

He had just under 20lbs of deer meat. I added a 10.16 lb pork but to it, I then ground them together 3 times to make sure they were ground and mixed good. I also added some hi temp cheese and some pepper's, I then added some of my all purpose spice.

It took around 4 1/2 - 5 hrs in the smoker, the hickory gave it a great flavor.

The guy he just loved them........if he is happy it makes me happy !

I lost some of my pics. of them but here is what I got.
037ebdd6_vbattach19794.jpg

96360d1b_vbattach19795.jpg

99deaa56_vbattach19793.jpg

Looks great Matt
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

good job..glad folks are eating the venision instead of letting it rot in the freezer. as it seems a lot of folks do..

Meat Man, that looks mighty good. I can't wait to get some more deer meat for sausages too. You wouldn't want to share your all purpose spices would you? I sure the guy was pleased with those sausages. Happy smoking!

I agree..
I just got one little buck last season and I've been trying to stretch the meat to last all year. lol Hope I have better luck this season.

Ken, hope you get to it before they toss it!

Sure brother not a problem, it is called RILEY'S. Like I said it is a all purpose seasoning, the stuff is good on anything! here is the link

www.rileys-seasonings.com

After some trail and error 12 oz will do 20 lbs of meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky