Venison Sausage q-view

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by meat-man, Aug 17, 2008.

1. meat-man

meat-man Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

A friend of a friend called me the other day and asked me if I would make summer sausage for him. He said he would pay me $ 3.00 lb.

He had just under 20lbs of deer meat. I added a 10.16 lb pork but to it, I then ground them together 3 times to make sure they were ground and mixed good. I also added some hi temp cheese and some pepper's, I then added some of my all purpose spice.

It took around 4 1/2 - 5 hrs in the smoker, the hickory gave it a great flavor.

The guy he just loved them........if he is happy it makes me happy !

I lost some of my pics. of them but here is what I got.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Meat man, those look great!![​IMG]

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks great Matt [​IMG]

4. coyote

coyote Master of the Pit

good job..glad folks are eating the venision instead of letting it rot in the freezer. as it seems a lot of folks do..

5. meat-man

Ya that sad when people do that. To me thats a sin [​IMG]

6. salmonclubber

salmonclubber Master of the Pit OTBS Member

meat man

good looking sausage great job

7. chadpole

chadpole Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Meat Man, that looks mighty good. I can't wait to get some more deer meat for sausages too. You wouldn't want to share your all purpose spices would you? I sure the guy was pleased with those sausages. Happy smoking!

8. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I agree..
    I just got one little buck last season and I've been trying to stretch the meat to last all year. lol Hope I have better luck this season.

Ken, hope you get to it before they toss it!

9. meat-man

Sure brother not a problem, it is called RILEY'S. Like I said it is a all purpose seasoning, the stuff is good on anything! here is the link

www.rileys-seasonings.com

After some trail and error 12 oz will do 20 lbs of meat.