Venison Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

badman

Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Seagoville
Just messing around this weekend. trying to get ready to start spending a lot of time at the deer lease with my buds. Put together a little batch of venison jerky.

6 pounds venison; (up to 8)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons liquid smoke
1 quart soy sauce; (up to 2)
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 tablespoons pepper
1 teaspoon Tabasco; (up to 2)
1 tablespoon MSG

Very simple recipe mix ingredients together in a zip lock 10 to 12 hrs. place on smoker at 210 deg till its the texture you like left these on for five hrs. Still a little chewy not dry and hard. I did not add liquid smoke. Good stuff...

Pardon me? ;{)

You should have deleted the L.S., used a cure, and trusted your smoker. But then again, it still was good I'm sure. You WERE however flirting with the "danger zone" there.

Personal pref I ALWAYS cure my jerky. And ANY sausage to be smoked or dried.

I always add some salt to my jerky. Guess that counts as a cure. Of course I dry mine in a Gardenmaster dehydrator. Oh, did I mention that I use ground elk or deer?
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky