Venison Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoksignlr

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 6, 2006
Curve Lake, Ontario
Just a description of my first batch of venison jerky. I started with breaking the deer down into roasts. Some I pumped for corned venison with the others I cut them into 1/4 inch strips. I then covered them in a premixed Marinade and let them sit overnight. My smoke house food chamber is 54 inches by 54 inches by 6 feet high. My fire chamber is a 200 gallon steel drum. I used maple to smoke I smoked it at an average temperature of 200 for 3 hrs. This was too hot as some of the edges were too dry. however the rest was good. I didn't take pictures because my daughter didn't turn on the tracking collar on the camera before she used it so it is missing in action. Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky