VbPortal Installation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Folks.. Let me first apologize for not giving an update before now. I get so busy getting things done that I sometimes forget to let everyone know what is going on.

My wife complains about this as well so.. I guess I better work on that
icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway.. as for the look and feel that many of you came to appreciate before we switched servers.. It is just around the corner.

In case you have not noticed, Brian finally got the forum moved to a directory instead of being located in the root. This was no small feat but he made it happen and I still believe he has a magic wand that he is not telling us about;-)

At any rate.. this now allows us to install the portal at the root (which is required for some reason).

This should be done over the next couple of days if all goes well.

We will do our best to keep the outages down to a minimum and most of this can be done in the background while you guys post away.

All I can say is that Brian has been a lifesaver. The last installation was done by yours truly and you don't even want to know the number of hours, long nights and days that I spent not just installing and setting up the forum and portal but also in fixing the screwups that I caused
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Brian has taken a lot (most) of this load and while I am trying to help in any way that I can.. he is making it seem really easy which probably means I ain't helping a whole lot
biggrin.gif

Thanks Brian!!!

Patience everyone.. we are getting there!!

Thanks for the update Jeff, It will be real nice to have the look of the old place back again.

Once again....Jeff & Brian, Thank you for all you are doing and have done

Keep up the good work
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

thks for the update, looking forward to the portal install. theres alot more to these websites than one can see so it may seem that little or no proggress is happening, but in reality, behind the scenes things are happening... but it will be good to see something tangible to us users. thanks jeff and brian!!!

what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ will really be nice to get the site back to the way it was but working properly.
Thank Jeff&Brian

hey Brian we know how busy you have been and thanks from all of us.
is getting the acroynms and view all active threads working in the fututre of this site
let us know please.
Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky