Valentine's Day Eggstravaganza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gatorscott

Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
I cooked up quite a spread yesterday for the family. I was able to get a few picks then got in a hurry because My oldest daughter was running late for her baby sitting gig.

Anyway I cooked cured and smoked salmon, prosciutto wrapped shrimp, sea scallops, cheddar and cream cheeze stuffed ABTs, and fresh steamed green beans sauteed with red peppers garlic and bacon.

I marinaded the salmon in bourbon for about 20 minutes....

Then I put them in a cure of Sea Salt, Brown Sugar, and Fresh Cracked Pepper........

The Salmon ready for the Egg...

I wrapped the Shrimp in Proscuitto and bathed them in EVOO, Lemon Juice, and added a little Sea Salt, Dill, Thyme, and Fresh Cracked Pepper.....

I skewered the Sea Scallops with Red Peppers and put them in the marinade with the shrimp......

I made the stuffing for the abts with minced jalepeno, minced green onions, cream cheese, chedder cheese, and wrapped them in center cut bacon.

I did not get any pics but I snapped the green beans and steamed them for 10 minutes and let them cool. I then browned some bacon trimmings and just as they were crisp I threw in a tablespoon of mince garlic. I pulled that and reserved the bacon and garlic. I deglazed the skillet and started with fresh EVOO and sauteed some red pepper. Just as they were ready I threw in the green beans, bacon and garlic and some reserved prosciutto and tossed it till it was alll hot.

I got a Chuckie to do today. Hopefully I can do a better phote documentary of this one.....

Shweeeeet!
babysmall.gif

Great Job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Were those cedar planks that you cooked on?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky