Vacmaster Pro380 in the house!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Big shout out to Lisa at Vacuum Sealers Unlimited. Ordered Christmas Day, FedEx dropped it at the house this morning, along with my bag order.

First impression, wow this machine is big. Wow I could vacuum pac my POS food saver in a bag and send it back to them. Wow, this machine is awesome!

I can't believe I waited two years to pull the trigger on this purchase.

Of course I had to try it out. Once again why did I wait two years to pull the trigger. Once the wife sees his machine I may have to start vac packing my socks and under ware to justify it!!!

e8cf4d7c4d4d4474fe9b598a28284717.jpg

36e4605eb29b66533310f77e709ae6be.jpg

9a0ccf4276d2b143c1222875c3f5ddeb.jpg

e3662d413675d0ad8beca601615dc2ff.jpg

I can double seal now!!!!!!

776d6405f726d52c496d1d705b682b7b.jpg

Holy Cheesus, this thing is awesome!

Smoke away!!!

Reactions: redheelerdog
Nice toy! Good Luck...JJ

ROFLMAO...... Hey man congrats on the new toy.  

Is it easy to use, I mean like first time user idiot proof?

Congrats again man. We should all get at least one new toy for Christmas. Not just socks, slippers and sweaters. <Chuckles>

Nice new Q toy Case, I've got the VM 140 & really like it.... Thanks for one or two upping me ! :biggrin: LOL !

ROFLMAO...... Hey man congrats on the new toy.  

Is it easy to use, I mean like first time user idiot proof?

Congrats again man. We should all get at least one new toy for Christmas. Not just socks, slippers and sweaters.

You're right there Kevin, I always buy myself a present. Yes it's easy to use. Has a few more buttons and settings that are explained in the small easy to read operating manual.

This thing will suck your socks, slippers and sweater right off if you aren't careful!

Last edited:
You're right there Kevin, I always buy myself a present. Yes it's easy to use. Has a few more buttons and settings that are explained in the small easy to read operating manual.

This thing will suck your socks, slippers and sweater right off if you aren't careful!
<Chuckles>

It'll suck the chrome right off the trailer hitch?

Beats my Food Saver but can it suck start a Grayhound bus?
Seriously: I like the dubble seal and it looks like it will vacuum seal a full packer?
I got zip for Christmas, got grand babies to buy for.
But I am about to pull the trigger on a Pitmasster IQ110, 120 or 130 temp controller for my WSM. I am also looking at the pellet burners the maz'n I think they are called. Can't say I like having to buy pellets by 20 lb sacks though. Can they be bought in smaller amounts?

Todd at Amaze N Smokers sells pellets in 5 & 2 pound bags. All kinds of flavors too. I use the tube smokers he sells. I just got the expanding tube and it works great.

Can you use the Amaze N smoker in a WSM? I know it will work in my Masterbuilt and my grills. Do you recommend the tubes or the trays and why?

I have used the AMNTS in the WSM for cold smoking but not for hot smoking.

I use the tubes because they are recommended for use in propane and charcoal (low oxygen environments). The trays are recommended for use in electric smokers.

Looks like a great sealer, don't waste a bag on that food saver. I could use a new sealer my POS food saver can do a few seals with the great wait in between but the last sack of TT's only one or two sealed before I was sick of it.

Wow DS, you new vacuum sealer is awesome! You will absoultly love it, the amount of BBQ, food, etc that you can freeze, store, save is incredible. I have a Cabelas 15" and I just made jerky from elk meat I vacuum sealed over 2 years ago and it is awesome. I just packed up a bunch of left over pulled pork and ham from the holiday cookins.

Another cool thing you can do is reheat in hot/boiling water before you open the vac pac, or even try Sous Vide.

Have fun with your new toy!

Congrats on the nice sealer, Case. I got a VM PRO350 a few months ago and so far works great on almost all bags. The only thing I can't get it to work on are the Umai bags. I need to give Lisa a call and get some input.

Congrats on the nice sealer, Case. I got a VM PRO350 a few months ago and so far works great on almost all bags. The only thing I can't get it to work on are the Umai bags. I need to give Lisa a call and get some input.
Good to know on the UMAI. I have thought about using the when I get my curing chamber up and running. So far I haven't encountered any problems with the sealer. I am going to get my shop organized better so that I can set it up permanently. It's considerably larger than the my last two sealers!

Let us know what you find out on the UMAI bags.  

Wow DS, you new vacuum sealer is awesome! You will absoultly love it, the amount of BBQ, food, etc that you can freeze, store, save is incredible. I have a Cabelas 15" and I just made jerky from elk meat I vacuum sealed over 2 years ago and it is awesome. I just packed up a bunch of left over pulled pork and ham from the holiday cookins.

Another cool thing you can do is reheat in hot/boiling water before you open the vac pac, or even try Sous Vide.

Have fun with your new toy!
Yep this machine is a major upgrade from the last food saver that I have (soon to be had). My first vac packer was a food saver that I bought 30 years ago. It worked great up until about 3 years ago and it finally died. I would have purchased a better machine at the time but was given the new FS as a gift before I could buy what I wanted. We vac pack all kinds of stuff and do reheat in the bag quite often. Really glad this machine can handle 15" bags. That will make packing butts, tri tips and larger cuts much easier now.

Good to know on the UMAI. I have thought about using the when I get my curing chamber up and running. So far I haven't encountered any problems with the sealer. I am going to get my shop organized better so that I can set it up permanently. It's considerably larger than the my last two sealers!

Let us know what you find out on the UMAI bags.  
Talked to Lisa about this issue w/ the Umai bags. Unfortunately she didn't have any real fix for this issue as she had never heard of the Umai bags. I'll monkey around with them when I get a chance and see what I can figure out.

Talked to Lisa about this issue w/ the Umai bags. Unfortunately she didn't have any real fix for this issue as she had never heard of the Umai bags. I'll monkey around with them when I get a chance and see what I can figure out.

I believe I've read of other Vacmaster owners using the Umai bags. Well let us know how it goes.

I believe I've read of other Vacmaster owners using the Umai bags. Well let us know how it goes.
Will do. Not a problem when making sausage, etc. as that doesn't require vacuuming. Tried to vacuum and seal a cured coppa awhile back and couldn't get the machine to pull enough vacuum.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky