Using a WSM to smoke jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pierce652

Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
I was wondering if anyone uses a weber smoker to smoke thier jerky and if so what kind of setup do you have? Pics would be nice.

I found that pizza screens fit perfectly in the round smoker and allow for layout of the jerky in the house and easy transport to and from the smoker.

A hotplate in the bottom of the smoker with a small cast iron pan to hold chips and the cord exiting through the access door is my setup.

When I smoke jerky in the WSM, I jab a tooth pick through one end and hang down from the top rack. The charcoal is laid out in the shape of an S and temps run about 150*. The pizza screen idea is a good idea too cuz when it's 30* outside my fingers get really cold from picking the jerky out of the brine.
I suppose just laying the meat on the cooking racks would work too, but more fits in the smoker when the meat hangs. Just MHO.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky