Used side burner to start chimney

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

howufiga

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
So today I tried my side burner to start my Weber Chimney charcoal starter. I must say, it worked great! It seemed like the chimney lit in half the time! I started it on there until it got halfway lit and then moved it. Do you guys who use the sideburner wait until it's all the way lit before turning off the side burner?

No, once its started, save the gas.
cool.gif

Yeah, i was getting a little worried about it getting too hot and melting the electric start underneath. Next time i'll move it earlier!

I'm a new side burner chimney starting convert too. Now my gas grill has two purposes in its life , starting charcoal chimneys and burning off the cast iron smoker grates when they need it.
OOps , there is a third , it also makes for a couple of shelves for setting stuff on when I'm smoking
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky