Upstate NY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

camet5

Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Aurora, NY
Hello, I am new to smoking meats. All that I do right now is make venison jerky in a dehydrator and brine briskets and organ meat(tongue and heart) for corned meat. My ambition is to build my own smoker to make summer sausage and snack sticks and see were it goes.

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of great info here and some awesome recipes too. I suggest signing up for Jeff's 5 Day Ecourse it contains some great need to know info as well and its free. When you start to build your smoker be sure to take lots of pics we enjoy that stuff as well as all the great food that come out of them. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome, you'll find that there's a lot of great info here covering all aspects of smoking, looking forward to hear about your new smoker build.

Glad you've decided to join the SMF. Plenty of folks into building their own smokers here, so you should get good feedback from any question you present to them.

What part of upstate Ny are you from? I'm about 35 minutes east of Binghamton! Welcome aboard and Enjoy! Big Bob
icon_smile.gif

Welcome to SMF!As you can see you have plenty of fellow NYers here!Great forum,great ppl here from all over.Any questions?Post em here and watch the answers come pouring in!
Happy Smokes!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky