1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Updated the Time and Temperature Chart

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deejaydebi, Mar 26, 2007.

1. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Legendary Pitmaster

2. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Handy item! You put some work in on it.Thanks Debi.

3. payson

payson Meat Mopper

Excellent chart! Just printed her out. She's a keeper. Thanks for compiling it all.

4. crewdawg52

crewdawg52 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Deb,

Thanks a much for the chart. Printed it and put it in my "Smokin Notebook". Will help out tremendously! Thanks again for the work. [​IMG]

5. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Debi, thanks for updating this cooking chart and sharing this with us. I've made this a *Sticky* so that it doesn't get buried.

6. crewdawg52

crewdawg52 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great idea on the "Sticky" Dutch!

7. stiffyman

stiffyman Smoke Blower

NM
    nice thanks

8. deejaydebi

Thanks all -

As I update it I'll let you know. Still a few missing things ...

9. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Thank you very handy to have. I have to find away to print this off, laminate it and attach it to the smoker. Just afraid the smoker will melt it and the weather will mistreat it if I don't laminate it

10. deejaydebi

Ive updated the chart again ...

11. dan

dan Newbie

Thank this is a very helpful thing for me just starting out

12. monty

monty Master of the Pit Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Excellent piece of work, Debi!
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Cheers!

13. deejaydebi

Hi All -

Just letting you know I had a typo on the time-temperature chart that brother Carl let me know about and I fixed it. The time was WAY off on the pork loins! I've added a date so we know which is the lastest version.

I don't have any info on things like steaks, big fishes or shell fish. Can you smoke things like say a lobster or crabs? I'm alergic to shellfish so I can't even touch the critters, but I know people that eat them really love them.

Also does it take longer or the same amount of time to do venison or bear and other such wild life? I will add them to the chart if you give me the info.

[​IMG]

14. deejaydebi

Time and Temperature smoking chart is now up to three pages got some new info from a friend who just published his 3rd smoking book!

last updated 04/11/2007

15. What an incredible resource! Thanks for that. I might get a copy laminated to keep near the smoker - so I can wipe all the rubs, mops, and sauces off of it!

16. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

... as kind of a visual and taste guide? That might just work! [​IMG]

17. illini

illini Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Hi Debbie
    Smoked pork loin yesterday and noticed the 12-15 hours on your chart......Wow I said, that's got to be erroneous as it always takes a flat 5 hours to reach 160* internal and 5- 1/2 hours for 165* for me....was going to ask about it but see you have already corrected.....

Thanks for the Charts[​IMG]

18. deejaydebi

Marvin -

I think when I moved some of the stuff around last time I missed a column. If you see anything else let me know! [​IMG]

19. deejaydebi

Final Updates (I think) we're up to 6 pages or Meats, fruits, veggies, Fish, shellfish and other stuff. I can't even think of anything else.

Except maybe the Peach Cobbler I just copied, but naw we don't need that.

20. This will really come in handy for a newbie like me, thanks for the work you did on this!

Lisa