• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Updated the Time and Temperature Chart

payson

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 17, 2006
Excellent chart! Just printed her out. She's a keeper. Thanks for compiling it all.

crewdawg52

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Deb,

Thanks a much for the chart. Printed it and put it in my "Smokin Notebook". Will help out tremendously! Thanks again for the work.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Debi, thanks for updating this cooking chart and sharing this with us. I've made this a *Sticky* so that it doesn't get buried.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Thanks all -

As I update it I'll let you know. Still a few missing things ...

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
Thank you very handy to have. I have to find away to print this off, laminate it and attach it to the smoker. Just afraid the smoker will melt it and the weather will mistreat it if I don't laminate it

dan

Joined Apr 7, 2007
Thank this is a very helpful thing for me just starting out

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Excellent piece of work, Debi!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Cheers!

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Hi All -

Just letting you know I had a typo on the time-temperature chart that brother Carl let me know about and I fixed it. The time was WAY off on the pork loins! I've added a date so we know which is the lastest version.

I don't have any info on things like steaks, big fishes or shell fish. Can you smoke things like say a lobster or crabs? I'm alergic to shellfish so I can't even touch the critters, but I know people that eat them really love them.

Also does it take longer or the same amount of time to do venison or bear and other such wild life? I will add them to the chart if you give me the info.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Time and Temperature smoking chart is now up to three pages got some new info from a friend who just published his 3rd smoking book!

last updated 04/11/2007

low'n'slow

Fire Starter
Joined Apr 10, 2007
What an incredible resource! Thanks for that. I might get a copy laminated to keep near the smoker - so I can wipe all the rubs, mops, and sauces off of it!

pigcicles

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 25, 2006
... as kind of a visual and taste guide? That might just work!

illini

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 11, 2006
Hi Debbie
Smoked pork loin yesterday and noticed the 12-15 hours on your chart......Wow I said, that's got to be erroneous as it always takes a flat 5 hours to reach 160* internal and 5- 1/2 hours for 165* for me....was going to ask about it but see you have already corrected.....

Thanks for the Charts

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Marvin -

I think when I moved some of the stuff around last time I missed a column. If you see anything else let me know!

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Final Updates (I think) we're up to 6 pages or Meats, fruits, veggies, Fish, shellfish and other stuff. I can't even think of anything else.

Except maybe the Peach Cobbler I just copied, but naw we don't need that.

lisacsco

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 30, 2007
This will really come in handy for a newbie like me, thanks for the work you did on this!

Lisa

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.