Unstuffed Smoked Pepperoni Sticks using using Deerburger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingloon

Original poster
Sep 12, 2010
Utah
A friend of mine has given me some Deerburger, thought I'd try some unstuffed Pepperoni sticks.  Is venison going to be to lean?

icon_cool.gif

Yes you will have to add some kind of fat. I just made 13lbs of summer sausage and I added 3-4 lbs of pork butt to it just for the fat content.

Last edited:
I just made some pepperoni sticks using deer burger. I mixed it 3lbs of venison 2lbs pork. They turned out really good.

Juda

Yep as they have mentioned venison is very lean. You will want to mix in some other meat with it so it gets some fat. We usually mix ours 50% and 50% lean pork trim. You don't need to mix in that much pork but we really like it that way also it depends on how many lbs of venison trim we get for the year. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky