Unplanned Overnight Pork Butt - AMNPS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gimmeharmony

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 11, 2013
USA, Mount Vernon, OH
Good news - I am smoking some sides (head of cabbage and some potatoes) that I am going to use tomorrow with some smoked 2" thick boneless pork chops.  I saw a great price on pork butts at Costco and could not pass it up.  

It is just over 11lbs.  I am using the AMNPS with Pitmaster's Blend (hickory, cherry, maple).  Just reloaded it. This will go low and slow overnight.  Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Cajun Foreplay dry rub.

Wish me luck.

Q View......sorry for the flash as it was 11PM afterall.  :)  1 hour and the sides will be complete.

Lighting my AMNPS is a breeze with a cigar torch lighter and the Fire Dragon!

Happy national bourbon day!  Sipping on Maker's Mark.

Good start...
pepsi.gif

Got them to 192....foiled and cranked up the heat because I needed to get those bad boys on the road.  Popped them in a cooler for the ride and pulled them onsite.  DELICIOUS!!!

Sorry for the lack of QView on the process.  It got too hectic to get out the door and then onsite, I was too busy worrying about getting folks fed.

It really is impressive to have a lack of failure so far.  I know one is coming but I will enjoy the streak while it lasts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky