Umai Coppas are finishing...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
First time using the umai bags for whole muscles. I had a lot of product in my chamber with no room for the coppas so I used some umai bags I had on hand. I put these coppas to cure back in late October 2020. Forgot about them until 2 months later, but since I did an equilibrium cure, I knew they should be OK. sealed in umai bags Dec. 29. 2020 and in the beer/brining fridge on metal grates for air flow.
First one finished tonight. This one is a black pepper crusted coppa. I had to cut the full coppa in half to fit into the umai bags I had on hand...

IMG_20210312_221724.jpg

IMG_20210312_221738.jpg

Very pretty. Nice color...JJ

Looks fantastic! I have done the same in umai bags and had a great result also. I am sure the flavour is even more intense with yours as you let them mature much longer.

Very pretty. Nice color...JJ
Thanks JJ!

I like the harding on Coppa it looks great I bet its awesome. 👍 👍👍
Thanks fork, little too much hardening for me, the vac. bag ought to fix it though...

That looks fantastic . Nice work .
Thanks chop!
I will definitely be making more coppas!
It looks beautiful, and delicious!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!

Beautiful color!
Thanks Jake!

Looks fantastic! I have done the same in umai bags and had a great result also. I am sure the flavour is even more intense with yours as you let them mature much longer.
Thanks Robert...the salt is more intense too...but it is good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky