UDS using an 85 gal drum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tenne

Original poster
I have been lurking here for quite awhile now but just have to post this info in case others were wondering about using one of these Overpak drums. Just building my 2nd UDS(first was a Big Poppa) and decided to build one using a new 85 gal salvage drum from Youngstown Barrel and Drum. Want to use a Weber 26" kettle lid so ordered one and expected to have to mod it to fit the drum. To my surprise the lid fits perfectly on the drum lip without any mods. It could use a gasket but the fit is absolutely perfect, with very little play or side movement. I may go all out and fit a Pellet Pro to this new build. I will post pics once I figure out how to do that.

popcorn.gif
......   OK....  I'm in.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky