Two sausages. Cajun and Polish.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I decided to do two 1Kg batches, one of the Chaurice and one of Kielbasa.

First these look great, and you started the post saying you were going to use a mixed package.

Did you use the already mixed or the recipes that you show.

I have mentioned that this is why I joined , as my wife love Polish /kielbasa sausage. And i want to make it for her.
I really just started to make sausages with the Green Chorizo in the throwdown.
Did you use the same grinding plate for both, I think you said 1/4" and was the Kielbasa real firm or mushy a little. I have bought a few different kinds for Mona the one that Walmart around here sells is Brandt it is way too wet/soft, very dirty look if I bring that home anymore.

Or can that be changed by the amount of water added to the batch when making. Also if you used the package mix ,does it have cure in it ( there I go back asking about cure ). lol

Just wondering thanks
David

First these look great, and you started the post saying you were going to use a mixed package.

Did you use the already mixed or the recipes that you show.

I have mentioned that this is why I joined , as my wife love Polish /kielbasa sausage. And i want to make it for her.
I really just started to make sausages with the Green Chorizo in the throwdown.
Did you use the same grinding plate for both, I think you said 1/4" and was the Kielbasa real firm or mushy a little. I have bought a few different kinds for Mona the one that Walmart around here sells is Brandt it is way too wet/soft, very dirty look if I bring that home anymore.

Or can that be changed by the amount of water added to the batch when making. Also if you used the package mix ,does it have cure in it ( there I go back asking about cure ). lol

Just wondering thanks
David
Thank you. I have never used a store bought mix ever since I started making sausage. A couple of members have sent me their own mixes to try, though.
The recipes I posted were what I used (for the most part).
I’ve been cutting the salt down from recipes to 1% for a while,
although I use msg (Accent) for the flavor kick.
I also use a cure #1 even though I rarely smoke sausage mainly because I like to let them hang dry at room temp for a while and I just feel better about it.
I used the 1/4 “ plate for both and that was it.
I personally think some recipes call for too much water.
I just add whatever I feel is needed to get the texture right, so sticky it wants to pull the gloves off your hands.
Same with the SPC. I just “go with my gut” as far as how much to use. Hard to explain.
Not sure what you mean by mushy. Once cooked everything was firm.
Whew!

try a sausage from meatsandsausages.com

I see where I assumed they were packages with this .com address, it is their recipes that you use.

I have used msg for years , there was a while that people thought it was bad for you. Not me ...lol

As for the mushy, just a really soft texture to the polish sausage, not the firmness of a beef hotdog, more like a very soft texture like a mock chicken, hard to explain,

I like the idea of adding the cure , as I did in my sausages a couple weeks ago. Where I was smoking in a low temp , just wanted to be safe.

Thanks for your help

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky