Two Kinds of Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ddave

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 3, 2008
Far Northern California
I finally got around to doing some wings on the drum. Did some using Abelman's Orange Marmalade/Srirachia Sauce recipe and some with teriyaki (the women folk don't like heat).

Drum was cruising along at about 325°. Dipped them after an hour, then dipped them again 15 minutes later and took them off 15 minutes after that.

Here they are just about to come off. Teriyaki in the back and the orange/srirachia up front.

and in the bowls. Srirachia

and teriyaki.

They came out pretty darn good. There's not too many left. Went nicely with leftovers from Christmas dinner for dinner tonight.

Thanks for looking.

Dave

Top shelf Dave....Love to hit a couple of em...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Totally awesome there Dave I think I'll goin for the srirachia ones I like the heat.

Looks really good.

I do have a question. I have seen Srirachia mentioned several times. I am not familiar with this. What is it and where is it available?

If this is the same thing I'm thinking it is, its a hot sauce.
Sriracha is made from sun ripen chilies which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic. Commonly used in many Asian restaurants, this hot and spicy condiment can be added to almost any dish. I get mine from my local grocery store in the import foods scetion. The one i get is HOT so a little goes a long way. Hope this helps you out.

Hey DDave-what ratio do you mix the orange sauce and the Srirachia? I have both at the house and I've never really thought to mix the two together. I'm a guy that like my wings hot too!!

I got this sauce from one of Abelman's threads and it was as follows:

18oz jar of Orange Marmalade
1/3 cup of honey
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of Srirachia sauce

If you like them hot, I would bump up the amount of srirachia sauce. I may even double it next time.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Dave

I love that siracha but by its self for wings it just isn't right for it IMO, but i need to try that recipe the sweet would probably make it good! what did you think of the taste?

Thanks for sharing Ableman's recipe Dan. Got to do some wings this weekend.

I did some wings last week for the BYU bowl game (Tue.) and the Univ. of Utah bowl game (Wed.)

Dusted the wings with cornstarch fried them in the fryer and then coated them with my wing sauce-

1 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup Cholula hot sauce
1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
1/3 cup Srirachia sauce

Mix together in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes to reduce and thicken the sauce.

Place fried wings in a large bowl and pour wing sauce over wings. Stir to coat the wings with the sauce.

I figured that I needed to kick that recipe up cuz it wasn't hot enough. My 4 yr old grandson couldn't stay out of 'em and dang near ate as many as I did. His momma made him stop eating them so he wouldn't spoil is supper-
biggrin.gif
The next day I was waiting to hear him say "Come on, ice cream!!"
icon_eek.gif
icon_twisted.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky