Two 5# Turkeys

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

butler77

Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
Kansas City, MO
Hello everyone. I am going to smoke my first turkey(s) tomorrow and I was wondering what to expect the time difference to be when smoking two 5 pound turkeys rather than one 10 pound turkey. Would the time be about the same as one 5 lb bird or somewhere in between a 5 lb and a 10 lb bird? I am planning to start brining them tonight around 8:00 so that they will be ready to start smoking at 8:00 tomorrow morning. I am expecting the turkeys to take about 4-5 hours to cook. Dinner is expected to start around 2:00, so I was wondering if my timing is correct? Thought? Thanks for any and all help.

Just a thought from another Masterbuilt guy

If you have a lot of flutter n clutter going on the the kitchen......tent those birds with foil when they are done and leave them in the cooker.....close your vents....no more smoke....reset temp controller to 140*......hold them as long as you might have to..just my 2cts

So error on being done early rather than late

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky