Twin Cities Smoker Guy reporting for duty...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lawman2391

Fire Starter
Original poster
Doing the "new member" thing here guys..Name is Lee, from the North Suburbs of the Twin Cities, MN (Coon Rapids to those who are familiar with the area). I am 36, consider myself a moderately skilled GRILLER (Weber, charcoal only), but very novice smoker. I aquired a Brinkman (ECB) smoker (stock) last summer for free from my brother-in-law. Last summer after I got it, I followed the internet instructions and did most of the mods (drilled holes, installed elevated grate for charcoal, installed temp gauge on lid, and installed temp regulation vents in lid. Have NOT turned legs around or elevated smoker on blocks of any sort or installed temp control vents on lower portion...yet.Last year I was very frustrated by many things while trying to use my newly modded ECB. I only had one real "success", which was a bone-in turkey breast. Even that did not come out with the amount of smokey flavor that I wanted, but did come out tender and juicy. Fails included ribs, pork butt, and several other small chunks of various meats that I could find around. I was also frustrated by complete uncontrolability of temp (went from 150 - near 400 and back and forth) and maybe the most frustrating thing of all, my inability to create SUSTAINABLE SMOKE. I got like 5 min (maybe) of good billowing smoke, then just a small amount.So, all that being said my goal in joining this forum is to use the experts here to figure out how to troubleshoot and eventually master my ECB, hob-nob with some grilling guys, and pick up a few killer recipes to boot. I read a bunch of entries before joining and was really excited to see so many people, with so much knowledge, that all were not condescending or mean spirited.Super pumped and excited to be with you all! Thanks for taking the time...

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! Would you mind updating your profile to show the other SMF members where you are located? Never know....ya might meet a few new neighbors!

Jeff offers a free 5 day E-Course.  It's packed with great information to use...no matter what your experience level might be!  http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums. Off site links are not allowed here at SMF.  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/terms-of-service

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

Welcome to the forums, Lee!  Glad you've joined us.  You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on our favorite pastimes...grilling, smoking, and curing great food!  There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who really enjoy helping one another.  Just ask any time you need help and you'll get plenty!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky