Twice Smoked Taters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

irishteabear

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 22, 2008
Downingtown, PA
As with any recipe there are many variations. I got this one from Mikey.
biggrin.gif

Using russett taters, I rubbed the skins with EVOO and then placed them in the smoker. They were smoked until they reached an IT of 195. I then sliced them in half lenghthwise, scooped out the inside carefully. The insides were mixed with sour cream, butter, cheddar cheese, sliced green onion and bacon. The filling was then mounded back in the taters, sprinkled with more cheddar cheese and bacon. Then back in the smoker for about 30-45 minutes to heat up.

They got a 3 out of 4
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
. One of my sons doesn't like sour cream or green onion.
rolleyes.gif
I will definitely be making these again.

Great looking taters, yummo.

Dawn, the taters look fantastic. I should say that I got the recipe (if my memory is correct) from T-Bone Tim. I had it bookmarked but it must have gone bye bye due to technical difficulties. Thanks for mentioning me, but I'd like to give credit where credit is due.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky