Twice baked potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brad Back

Original poster
Nov 1, 2017
Has anybody tried to smoke twice baked potatoes? If so how did they turn out and are there any tricks that I need to try? I was going to do this for Mother’s Day but don’t wanna screw them up any help is much appreciated.

I would smoke a bacon or sausage and mix into the potato mix. not sure I would smoke the whole potato after is is stuffed and topped with cheese.

a smoked ham steak might work too...

I think if you are preparing the filling traditionally inside and then smoking to apply smoke and heat it might be pretty tasty.

Has anybody tried to smoke twice baked potatoes? If so how did they turn out and are there any tricks that I need to try? I was going to do this for Mother’s Day but don’t wanna screw them up any help is much appreciated.
I think I will wait for a regular weekend not Mother’s Day weekend. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: karlb

We do the following:
First bake some potatoes.
Then let cool & cut them in half.
Scoop out the flesh of the Tater, being careful to not poke any holes in skin.
Mix just like making Mashed Taters with Milk & Butter, and stuff it back in.
Cover with Your choice of Grated Cheese & Small pieces of Bacon (More the Merrier).
I smoke in pan, during the last half hour or more of whatever else I'm Smoking.

Bear

Goes Great Next to a Nice Slice of Prime Rib:

DSCN1417.jpg

We do the following:
First bake some potatoes.
Then let cool & cut them in half.
Scoop out the flesh of the Tater, being careful to not poke any holes in skin.
Mix just like making Mashed Taters with Milk & Butter, and stuff it back in.
Cover with Your choice of Grated Cheese & Small pieces of Bacon (More the Merrier).
I smoke in pan, during the last half hour or more of whatever else I'm Smoking.

Bear

Goes Great Next to a Nice Slice of Prime Rib:

View attachment 495742
Thank you in that plate looks delicious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky