Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pdogmike

Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
I'm going to try to smoke an 11lbs turkey breast and a 10lbs whole turkey this weekend (Aug 19). I have a Masterbuilt smoker with a digital temp control. I'm brining both birds and injecting them.
My question is: Do I put both in at the same time, or put the breast in later? Will it take 6 -8 hours to do them both? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks Mike

P.S This is only the third time smoking. Did 1 chicken and a turkey so far and love every minute of it.

Welcome Mike

When cooking fowl, I tend to play it safe. I throw out the clock, and go by temperature.

I do mainly whole turkey breasts (usually 8# or so) and they can range between 4 hours and 8 hours to get them to 175* (they'll raise to 180* while wrapped in foil in the cooler)

I haven't done whole turkeys, so someone else needs to chime in.

Apple or cherry wood for flavor, and injected with Tony Chachere Jalepeno Butter the night before is the way I like to do them, around 210-215*

Good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky