Turkey pepperoni

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Never have,, Sounds interesting,,, Come to think about it what about Chicken snack sticks??? Probably not enough fat?? 

I will keep watching this post to see what comes of it. 

DS

I was thinking about trying chicken pepperoni. You can take just about any sausage recipe and convert it to chicken with good results. Most commercial brands make a turkey pepperoni and it's pretty decent.

I'm basically wondering if the turkey or chicken needs to be mixed with some pork? Thinking pure turkey might be to dry? I have a couple recipes so I guess I just need to mix up a pound or two with just turkey and see how it turns out.

I have been thinking of chicken sausage but haven't done it yet. Definitely add NFDM to help with moisture

I thought you were talking like snack sticks With chicken?? 
I was thinking about stuffing either chicken or turkey into 1" fibrous cases for smoking. I'm trying to be a good boy lately and eat more salads for lunch but I do like a little meat in them. Lately I have been cutting up some of the Hormel turkey pepperoni or Kirkland ham and adding that to the salad, thought I could make something that's probably better for me and taste better then store bought.

I was thinking about stuffing either chicken or turkey into 1" fibrous cases for smoking. I'm trying to be a good boy lately and eat more salads for lunch but I do like a little meat in them. Lately I have been cutting up some of the Hormel turkey pepperoni or Kirkland ham and adding that to the salad, thought I could make something that's probably better for me and taste better then store bought.
That does sound good!! 

Good luck and let us know how it turns out

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

I'm basically wondering if the turkey or chicken needs to be mixed with some pork? Thinking pure turkey might be to dry? I have a couple recipes so I guess I just need to mix up a pound or two with just turkey and see how it turns out.
Is the turkey meat white or dark meat?  I use dark meat chicken all the time with great results.  Like mentioned above, the NFDM definitely helps with moisture retention.

Is the turkey meat white or dark meat?  I use dark meat chicken all the time with great results.  Like mentioned above, the NFDM definitely helps with moisture retention.
I don't have anything right now. Was planning on purchasing a cheap turkey to bone or maybe a couple turkey breasts so I guess a mix to mostly white meat.

So how much NFDM should a guy use? None of the recipes I have call for it as they used wild game and pork? Any guidelines for per pound?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky