Turkey legs with qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deskjockey

Original poster
May 14, 2008
Hockeytown
Everything got a rub that I just threw together, smoked for about 5 hours

Internal temp was 205 when I pulled

check out that smoke

nice smoke and bark

Nice Legs... (No Pun Intended) Those look delicious, how were they?

Turkey Legs are really fun to do! They are relatively cheap and you can do just about anything with them...

Nice job!

Way to go Deskjockey. They look great. It seems you have been quite busy the last week or so between the boston butts, turkey legs and brisket.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Gotta make my way over and try some of the Q in person!

Thanks for sharing.

awesome! I wanted to make something like Renaissance Festival, these were better though
icon_mrgreen.gif

Mrpink, you and I have got to get together and do the mother of all smokes.

Dont even need to do ribs, we already wowed everyone with those
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

thanks guys

My oh my!! deskjockey, them are some fine looking turkeybird legs. I've done legs on the grill and in the smoker and they have been alright but nothing to really brag about. Now I think I know how to make them better. Take them to 205*-I've always pulled them at 185*. Did you brine those legs first before applying the rub??

points.gif
to you for a great post

Nice looking leg and yuumy too i bet. Nice Q and enjoy them legs.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thank you!

I did NOT brine them, matter fact I wasnt even going to smoke anything yesterday....was a spur of the moment thing
biggrin.gif

they were rubbed about 15mins before slapping on the smoker.

Since I did the corned beef brisket at the same time, I wasnt worried about over smoking, so after I smoked for two hours I continued to throw small hickory chips on the fire to get a small amount of smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky